Over 100 partners to help you succeed with the GitHub Student Developer Pack
Six years ago, we launched the GitHub Student Developer Pack, providing over 1.8 million students access to the best real-world developer tools and training for free. We’re excited to share that we’ve reached over a hundred companies partnering with GitHub to help student developers get their careers off to the right start.
This February, we’re adding 14 new offers, each providing a free and unique benefit available to all student members of the Pack. Whether you’re designing your first game, developing your first desktop application, or publishing your first mobile app—the Pack provides you with the tools you need to be successful.
We ask all of our new partners what advice they’d like to share with students, and why they joined the Pack. Here’s a sample of what they told us:
“It’s critical that we empower students today with the technical skills that will be demanded of them in the technology-driven workplace of the future.” -Jessica Lindl, Unity Technologies
“The Pack makes the best developer tools available to students. Demonstrating the ability to think outside the box and using the right tool for the right project makes you stand out to employers.” -Dana Brown, Xojo
“Often employers list the tech stack and tools the candidate should have experience with. The Pack gives students this exposure, free of charge.” -Nick Harley, Raygun
“One of our business partners was using the Pack while in school. We recognized the great benefit to students and joined to help them launch their startups and to grow.” -Luca Micheli, Customerly
Check out the new partners we added in February and the offers they’re providing, for free:
- Blockchair: The largest blockchain explorer and API provider for over 15 cryptocurrencies
- Customerly: Live chat, behavioural funnels, newsletters, and in-app surveys for SaaS
- DailyBot: Automate daily stand-ups, follow-ups, retrospectives, surveys, and feedback for your team
- Dashlane: Cloud-based password manager
- Freshpaint: Integrate your marketing and analytics tools with a single click
- Jaamly: Helping developers, designers, and startups launch their apps on the App Store
- Kodika: Build iOS applications with drag and drop
- MongoDB: A general purpose, document-based, distributed database built for modern application developers (and for the cloud)
- Polypane: A powerful browser and developer tool to help developers and designers make better websites and web apps in less time
- Raygun: Detect, diagnose, and resolve issues with greater speed and accuracy
- Sider: Maximize your engineering team’s productivity by automatically analyzing every pull request
- Unity: Accomplish your creative goals using the world’s leading real-time development platform
- Xojo: A cross-platform development tool for making native apps for the desktop
- Yakindu: An integrated modelling environment for the specification and development of reactive, event-driven systems based on the concept of state machines
Have a tool you’d like to see included in the Pack? Let the developer know (and tag us) on social media using the hashtag #GitHubPack. Companies interested in including an offer in the Pack can apply to be a partner.
Not yet a member of the Pack? It’s free to join for all verified students ages 13 and older, anywhere in the world where GitHub is available. Apply today using your school-issued email, student ID, or other proof of current academic enrollment.
The post Over 100 partners to help you succeed with the GitHub Student Developer Pack appeared first on The GitHub Blog.
>>> Read the Full Story at The GitHub Blog